Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Are you seeking a new challenge in social work? Manage complex cases and utilise your clinical expertise.
- Full time, 80 hours per fortnight
- Parental leave replacement position to Dec 2022
- Classification: Social Worker Grade 3
- Located at Caulfield Hospital
Alfred Health's Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Rehabilitation Centre provides rehabilitation services for people with moderate to severe acquired brain injuries including traumatic brain injuries, stroke, hypoxic brain injuries and other causes of non-progressive brain injury. The service is comprised of a 42-bed inpatient rehabilitation service, a community rehabilitation service and a 4-bed transitional living service.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced senior clinician with sound skills to assist Alfred Health in supporting patients with an acquired brain injury.
As the Senior Clinician, you will be responsible for identifying and meeting the needs of the specialist patient group in collaboration with the clinical units, particularly the management of complex clinical cases, undergraduate teaching and education and, the implementation of research activities for the clinical specialty.
This role will contribute to the ongoing professional development of the Social Work staff and demonstrate commitment to evidence based practice and provide supervision to staff as required. The role works collaboratively with other staff from Social Work and from other disciplines.
This role will require the successful candidate to follow the patient through their continuum of care will require cross campus travel to manage the patients care needs.
It is essential that you have the following:
- Excellent interpersonal skills including negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- An ability to display flexibility within work practice and to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience in providing supervision and leadership in a high paced hospital environment and will need to have had experience supervising staff and students
- Sound understanding of data collection
- Ability to manage team priorities and caseloads and be autonomous at times whilst ensuring key KPIs and deadlines are met.
- Previous experience working within a hospital setting
- Knowledge of working within an Electronic Medical Record
- Knowledge of the NDIS, Aged Care services, TAC funding model and WorkCover processes (advantageous)
Qualifications and Experience
- A relevant post-graduate qualification at a Masters level or higher, or active completion or progression towards
- Minimum 7 years full-time Social Work experience preferably in a health care setting
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Childcare services
For more information refer to the Position Description. Please address the key selection criteria in your application.
If you have any questions about the position please contact Jo Matchado, Grade 4 Social Worker on 0436 448 451.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.