Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent ongoing position
- Full Time - 80 hours per fortnight (with ADO)
- Grade 2 Occupational Therapist - Sub-acute
- This position is primarily based at Caulfield Hospital. It is a condition of employment that individuals may be required to work across all Alfred Health sites and services.
The Directorate - Allied Health
Alfred Health - Allied Health is comprised of a number of disciplines that provide patient centred care across all clinical programs that operate at Alfred Health, including acute, rehabilitation/aged care, mental health and community/ambulatory care services.
The Department - Occupational Therapy
Alfred Health - Occupational Therapy Services operates across The Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals, with clinical services aligned to Alfred Health strategic goals and operational performance targets.
The Occupational Therapy Service is committed to the provision of high quality, evidence-based care, and strongly values professional development and clinical supervision. Clinical service provision is focused on acute, rehabilitation and aged care streams, for diverse patient populations including emergency, general medicine, surgical, orthopaedic, neurological, trauma, spinal, amputee and burns/plastics specialty units. Sub-acute services are provided within both the inpatient and home-based programs at Caulfield Hospital.
The Occupational Therapist - Grade 2 is responsible for the provision of Occupational Therapy Services within a sub-acute aseload, appropriate to their level of experience and competency. It is an expectation that the Grade 2 clinician will provide high quality patient assessment and intervention to maximise functional independence, safety and quality of life for diverse client populations receiving sub-acute services. At Grade 2 level, Occupational Therapists are required to display autonomy of practice, whilst also contributing strongly to the interdisciplinary team. The successful applicant will demonstrate a commitment to patient-centred care, collaborative practice and evidence-based knowledge translation. They will be expected to lead quality improvement activities, participate in teaching and training, and hold responsibility for supervision and mentoring of junior occupational therapists, Allied Health Assistants and undergraduate students.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated best practice in patient assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and modify service delivery in accordance with evidence-based practice.
- Demonstrated skills in clinical supervision and teaching.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the principles of continuous quality improvement.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to promote teamwork, and a proven ability to relate effectively to people at all levels of the organisation.
- Established skills in organisation, planning and priority setting.
Applicants must also have the following qualifications
- B. App Sc (OT), B. Occupational Therapy, MOT prac or recognised equivalent.
- Full Registration held with Occupational Therapy Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Member of OT Australia (or eligibility for membership).
- Minimum three years of clinical experience in Occupational Therapy – experience with rehabilitation and/or community based services is highly valued.
- Current Victorian Driver’s License (unrestricted).
- Current Working with Children’s Check.
- The Alfred Health Occupational Therapy Department has a strong commitment to professional development and clinical supervision for all staff members.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Applications close on Thursday 1 October 2020
All enquiries to Bryley Scher on phone number 90766000 Pager 4621
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.