Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
NDIS National Community Connector Project Officer
- 4 days per week
- Fixed-term contract until July 30th 2020 (with possibility of a 12 month extension).
This is an exciting new project role within Alfred Health Carer Services. The NDIS National Community Connector Project Officer is part of the Community Engagement team, and is responsible for assisting ageing and prematurely ageing carers who provide informal support to a person/s with a disability, to access and engage in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
The Project Officer will be responsible for delivery of specific engagement, connection and collaboration activities, working as part of small group of Community Connectors within the Commonwealth Carer Gateway, led by Merri Health.
Preferred candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Sound knowledge of the NDIA service system and processes
- Experience working with carers, families and people with a mental illness
- Experience and understanding of requirements in a community health setting
- Experience in service improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Salary packaging
- Discounted health insurance
To receive a position description visit www.alfredhealth.org.au.
Enquiries to Jane Rossiter, Coordinator Sector and Consumer Engagement , 9076 9653
Applications should be made online via www.alfredhealth.org.au. Applications should include a Resume and a cover letter outlining key skills and experience relevant to the position.
Applications close Saturday 24th October 2020 at 11pm
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.