Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent ongoing
- Full-time - 80 hours per fortnight including an ADO
- Classification code : ZF1
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
Nursing Services provides professional nursing support to nurses working at Alfred Health. Education, research, workforce management, nursing informatics, quality and safety, and clinical practice development are key components of this service.
The Quality & Clinical Safety (Nursing) DDON will influence, support and coordinate reliable quality systems and processes that evaluate patient care and safety. As a member of the Nursing Executive, the position works closely with the Directors of Nursing, Clinical Service Directors, DDONs Operations, Nursing Education and Nurse Managers, in providing leadership support for quality improvement and clinical safety across Nursing Services, and in influencing quality and clinical safety across Alfred Health.
Key responsibilities include: leading activities which promote evidence based nursing practice to ensure better patient outcomes and minimise clinical risk; facilitating root cause analysis and monitoring the implementation of required actions; facilitating accreditation processes within Nursing Services and ward areas; monitoring patient incidents and adverse events, and implementing actions to address these in collaboration with the Nurse Managers and Directors; indicator development and reporting; developing an evaluation framework, and supporting staff to participate in quality activities.
- Registration with Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia / AHPRA.
- Extensive clinical experience in acute care.
- Demonstrated transformational leadership style, incorporating the ability to communicate and work collaboratively with a wide range of people at all levels of the organisation
- Post-graduate qualifications (or working towards) in Nursing, Management, Quality Management and/or Clinical Risk Management.
- Demonstrated experience in change management implementation and strategic thinking.
- Experience in and knowledge of quality improvement principles and methodologies.
- Senior management experience.
- Experience in quality project management and clinical risk management.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Database management and analytic skills.
If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact Kethly Fallon on 9076 5090
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.