- Job no: 25881
- Categories: Allied Health and Medical Science, Physiotherapy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Unique opportunity to join a leading Musc team
- Grade 2 Positions
- Multiple positions available at 12 month duration
- Positions available at Alfred and Sandringham
- Regular weekend required (exact schedule to be negotiated)
Alfred Health’s Acute Physiotherapy Service provides physiotherapy services to the patients of The Alfred and Sandringham Hospital. Alfred Health’s Acute Physiotherapy Service is the amalgamation of The Alfred Physiotherapy Department and the Sandringham Hospital Physiotherapy Department. The Acute Physiotherapy Service is organised into five functional streams, namely: Intensive Care, Musculoskeletal, Respiratory, PAN (Progressive Illness, Aged Care and Neurosciences), and Sandringham. The first four streams are located at The Alfred site, with the fifth and latter stream based at the Sandringham site. The Acute Physiotherapy Service consists of approximately 62.0 eft and 120 people. The Acute Physiotherapy Service has a proud history of clinical and academic excellence. It remains strongly committed to further pursuing excellence in physiotherapy.
About the role
The Grade 2 will work in inpatient setting and is responsible for the ongoing development and provision of physiotherapy services to the units in consultation with senior clinician(s) and stream leader at the level of a developing expert. The Grade 2 is also responsible for the education of physiotherapy students and the supervision and professional development of Grade 1 staff assigned to their units. The Grade 2 position has an important role contributing to the development of individuals, the clinical team and the physiotherapy service through good leadership, teamwork and communication.
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- Current and unrestricted AHPRA registration
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and skills in the provision of physiotherapy services in the area of physiotherapy in the management of Acute Musculoskeletal patients. Demonstrated advanced knowledge of the provision of physiotherapy practice to patients presenting with musculoskeletal conditions. Demonstrated ability to plan and manage a caseload, including the co-ordination of other staff.
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
Enquiries to: Valentina Maric, Physiotherapy Manager 0448873015
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Closed 6 hours ago - 19 Jan 2020
- Published on 12 Jan 2020, 11:05 PM