Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent, Part-time (3 days per week)
- Based in Moorabbin
- Salary: RPN Grade 4
- Generous salary packaging and 9.5% Super
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
Alfred CYMHS is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
CYMHS provides clinical services in partnership with a wide range of service providers to achieve the best possible outcomes. Alfred CYMHS is committed to active participation by families and young people in evaluating and improving our services.
What you’ll be doing
As our Senior Mental Health Nurse, you will provide clinical assessment and intervention, case-management and single session/brief therapy with children and young people with emotional, behavioural and mental health difficulties and their families.
You will also cover intake, consultation and liaison activity as part of a broader clinical role that is divided equally between general CYMHS clinical casework/therapy and the intake/consultation roles.
What you’ve got
- Approved tertiary qualifications and eligibility for membership of AHPRA
- Extensive skills and experience in nursing-specific assessments and interventions
- Australian working rights
- Have/be willing to apply for a Valid Victorian Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a background check
What’s in it for you
- Access to discounted health insurance and banking
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Great work-life balance
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Denise Fry on ph: 8552 0555
Closing date: Tuesday 15 October 2019 by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.