Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed term until June 2020
- Part-time role (2 days per week) based in Bentleigh
- Experience within mental health and recovery oriented service delivery
- Access to salary packaging
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Opportunity to join an innovative and passionate team pioneering mental health education and cultural change!
- A meaningful job role with other like-minded team players!
- The opportunity to be involved in cultural change in mental health services!
The Discovery College is a youth-focused Recovery College and an initiative of Alfred Health in Melbourne. It works within the values and principles of the Recovery College model with adaptations as required to suit the needs of the service. The Discovery College provides courses about mental health for young people their families and friends, mental health clinicians and community members interested in learning more about mental health. All courses are co-produced and co-facilitated in equal partnership between people with lived experience of mental health challenges (experts by experience) and mental health clinicians or experts with specific subject knowledge in the area (experts by profession).
The Discovery College main base is currently within the hYEPP service, operated by Alfred Health.
headspace Early Psychosis
headspace Early Psychosis is one of the world’s most comprehensive Youth Early Psychosis programs being delivered through one program in each Australian state. Through this new initiative, young people and their families have timely access to comprehensive evidence-based early psychosis services. This program aims to intervene early with young people who have unusual sensory experiences and/or beliefs and their families and supporters. The service builds on strengths and resilience, uses the wisdom of lived experience and fosters hope, potential, and recovery.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
This exciting position draws on the expertise by experience or expertise by profession of mental health and/or the professional skills of an educator.
In this position, you will combine the wisdom of lived experience of mental health issues with the professional skills of an educator. Extensive knowledge and expertise in learning models and education are necessary to help deliver the educational framework for the discovery college. This college and the courses offered are developed through an intensive co-production process that is informed by principles of recovery.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Diploma of education or equivalent (other teaching qualifications may be considered)
- A personal lived experience of mental distress and recovery (self/family/friend) and ability to interpret this experience to enhance practice (if expert by experience)
- Experience in designing and delivering educational programs in a relevant setting
- Some expertise in mental health field (if expert by profession/subject knowledge)
- Appropriate work visa
- Current Victorian Driver's License, current Working with Children Check or willing to obtain one and be willing to undergo a Background Check
OTHER JOB PERKS
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Access to discounted health insurance and banking
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Great work life balance
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Winnie McCulloch on ph: 0407 527 787
Applications close Sunday 29 September 2019 at 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.