- Job no: 66951
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Full Time Ongoing position
- Working across Surgical Services
- Classification code: HS19
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
- Join a dynamic team providing great patient customer service
Alfred Surgical Services
Specialist Clinics is responsible for the overall delivery of a number of non-admitted or ambulatory services across the organisation. These services include pre and post-hospital admission and management of medical conditions, including chronic disease and complex health problems. These services are provided in-conjunction with diagnostic services such as pathology and imaging. Patients are referred to Specialist Clinics from a range of providers, including general practitioners (GPs), Specialists and clinicians in Emergency Departments, inpatient units and other areas of Alfred Health.
This position reports to the Nurse Manager and is part of an administration team supporting the Surgical Services program. The Administration Supervisor performs a range of administrative, reception and clerical tasks to support and assist the day to day function of the clinics and health service. The role of Administration Supervisor will be divided into supervision and leadership responsibilities with an allocated portfolio to manage.
The Administration Supervisor brings approachable leadership, and responsiveness providing professional service and ensuring best customer outcomes.
The job will see you;
- Greeting Patients, handling referrals, answering phone calls, and booking patient appointments
- Supporting clinical staff (Doctors and Nurses) with administrative tasks
- Sound administrative experience - Hospital environment preferred but not essential
- Personable, customer focused approach, and commitment to high quality service
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel (foundational)
- Understanding of confidentiality and privacy legislation
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Demonstrated ability to plan work flow, prioritise and delegate to meet deadlines.
- Discounted car parking
- Salary packaging with novated leasing
- Alfred campus close to public transport
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access and discounted care parking.
If you have any queries regarding the role, please contact Surgical Services, Nurse Manager, Meredith Coleborn, 0407 452 168
Applications close: 11pm Wednesday, 29 November 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.