- Permanent Full-Time Opportunity
- Based at Caulfield Hospital
- Great Staff Benefits!
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Exercise Physiologist Grade 2
- Full Time 80 Hours with Montly ADO
- Ongoing Appointment
- Caulfield Community Health Service, at Caulfield Hospital
- Great staff benefits!
The Caulfield Community Health Service (CCHS) provides a range of clinical and health promotion services for people of all ages who live, work or study within the local community. These multi-disciplinary services are provided in the centre, community, home or via Telehealth. CCHS operates from the Caulfield Hospital site.
The Exercise Physiologist position will sit within the multi-disciplinary Population Health team and you will:
- Providing clinical support to the physical activity programs and the staff involved in the delivery of these programs
- Providing high quality Exercise Physiology services for the local community through assessment, intervention, liaising and care planning with other team members and relevant health professionals
- Complete comprehensive exercise physiology assessments and deliver individual and group-based exercise interventions for CCHS clients, including the CCHS Type 2 Diabetes Service and the GLAD program
- Develop and implement person centred care plans
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team to ensure a holistic approach to client care
- Liaise with relevant agencies to coordinate, facilitate and communicate client treatment and outcomes
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Current accreditation as an Exercise Physiologist with Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA)
- Proven ability to interpret assessment findings and apply thorough clinical reasoning skills to decision making processes
- Demonstrated professional experience as an Exercise Physiologist working with clients with chronic and complex conditions
- Proven ability to independently assess and prescribe clinical exercise in line with current best practice guidelines
- Capacity to utilise a client centred approach to assessment and care planning ensuring that the broader needs of the client are included
- Meet individual and team KPIs and targets in order to meet funding requirements
- Capacity to supervise students, Allied Health Assistants and volunteers in accordance with Alfred Health policies
- Excellent communication, skills (verbal and written), collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed Information Technology skills
- Current Victorian drivers licence
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
- Discounted health insurance
- Opportunities for professional development
If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Kerryn Woolley or Haria Lambrou, (03) 9076 6666
Applications close at 11pm Monday, 26th February 2024
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.