Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Position
- Part-time at 64 hours per fortnight
- Nurse Educator Year 3 and Subsequent Classification (YZ7)
- Alfred Hospital Location
- Staff benefits
The Nursing Education Department is committed to providing excellence in education for all nurses. Our overall goal is to act as a support and resource to Nursing Services through the provision of educational activities that support enrolled, undergraduate, registered and postgraduate nurses to provide outstanding nursing care and service. In this dynamic environment, we are constantly exploring new approaches to education and relationships that will enhance Nursing Services' continuous service improvement and development and to meet organisational priorities.
The Position Summary
Nurse Educators (NE) are leaders in nursing and education. As members of the Nursing Education team, they role model the values of Nursing Services by exemplifying and promoting excellence in practice and fostering an environment of inquiry and continuous learning. As a recognised resource for staff, the NE assists clinical nurses in achieving optimal outcomes in patient care delivery. Acting as a role model for professional practice, this position is responsible for anticipating and responding to the developmental needs of the nurse and the clinical environment, collaborating with numerous stakeholders to implement programs that further equip the nurse to respond to the increasingly complex needs of patients.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Currently registered as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia
- A postgraduate certificate (at minimum) in education
- Previous experience in an education or education support role
- Demonstrated extensive relevant clinical knowledge / experience in acute/sub-acute care nursing (relevant to the program) and in a clinical leadership role
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of nursing scope of practice and supervision/delegation
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
- Discounted Health Insurance and Wellbeing benefits
- Staff Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym (Alfred Hospital)
- Close to shops and public transport
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Caroline Henderson, Education Coordinator, on 03 9076 2400
Applications close Sunday, 25 February 2024
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.