- Job no: 66144
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Psychology
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed Term Position for 12 months
- Part-time - two days a week (0.4EFT)
- Alfred Health Renal Service - Clinical Psychologist Grade 3 Classification (PL1 - PL4)
- Alfred Health Sites
What's in it for you
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Regular professional supervision
- Supportive interdisciplinary team environment
The Alfred Psychology Department includes Clinical Psychology and Clinical Neuropsychology. Psychology Services are professionally part of the Allied Health Service. The Psychology Department is progressive, supportive of staff, and focused on providing high-quality evidence-based assessment and treatment services. The Psychology department has a strong culture of learning and development. Psychology staff are provided with great opportunities for knowledge and skill development through supervision and a well-developed professional development program
The Position Summary
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Clinical Neuropsychologist to provide assessment and interventions to patients being considered for kidney transplants and those on the waiting list for kidney transplants. You will work as part of a dynamic and supportive multi-disciplinary team. You will be a senior member of the psychology department with access to professional development and supervision. The senior clinical Neuropsychologist will provide assessment and interventions to patients undergoing work-up for kidney transplants and who are awaiting kidney transplants. The senior clinical neuropsychologist will work closely with other members of the Kidney Transplant team and will also liaise with CL Psychiatry staff as required.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Masters or Doctoral degree in Clinical Neuropsychology
- Registration under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (Victoria) Act 2009.
- Endorsement as a Clinical Neuropsychologist under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law
(Victoria) Act 2009.
- Approved Psychology Board of Australia Supervisor
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Membership of the APS and the APS College of Clinical Neuropsychologists (desirable)
- Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Staff Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym (Alfred Hospital)
- Close to shops and public transport
For more information regarding the position, please contact Lynda Katona (Director Psychology Services) ph: 0402071138
Applications close Tuesday, 10 October 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 26 Sep 2023, 6:08 AM