- Job no: 64664
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Nutrition
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Part-time role: 32 hours per fortnight
- 17th of July 2023 - 13th of October 2023
- Classification code: Grade 2 (AJ1 - AJ4) or Grade 3 (AK1 - AK4) based on experience
- Caulfield Hospital Location
- Staff benefits
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Dietitian to join our team while expanding your clinical expertise and supporting the community.
- Alfred Health Community Rehabilitation Program provides Home and Centre Based rehabilitation as well as Falls Clinic services.
- The service's focus is on provision of goal-directed, community based rehabilitation for clients following injury or hospitalisation.
- The Community Rehabilitation multidisciplinary team comprises physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, dietitians, a neuropsychologist, a clinical psychologist, allied health assistants, rehabilitation medicine doctor, registered nurses and social workers.
- The overall objective of the position is to provide high quality clinical nutrition and dietetic services to clients referred to the Community Rehabilitation Program.
- Treatment programs can be conducted in the client’s home or in the community rehabilitation centre at Caulfield Hospital.
- The clinical caseload is varied and may include neurological, orthopaedic, cardiac, spinal, pulmonary and functional decline diagnoses.
- The position aims to provide a flexible and responsive service that works to meet each client’s identified rehabilitation goals.
- Possess qualifications providing eligibility for full membership of the Dietitians’ Association of Australia (DAA) and Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD) credentialed.
- Current Victorian drivers licence.
- Hold current Accredited Practicing Dietitian standing.
- Grade 3 - Higher qualification in or proceeding towards in Nutrition, Management, Public Health or Research.
- Three (Grade 2) or seven (Grade 3) years clinical experience.
- Recent experience in rehabilitation or aged care.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to principles of continuous quality improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and modify service delivery in accordance with evidence-based practice.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to promote teamwork.
- Strong theoretical knowledge base and experience in the areas of orthopaedics, neurology and gerontology.
- Demonstrated participation in professional development relevant to the position.
- Regular clinical and operational supervision.
- Access to a range of professional development activities through both Community Rehabilitation Program and the Nutrition Department.
- Salary packaging.
- Discount health insurance.
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking.
ENQUIRIES: David Harrower - Operations Lead on 0419 770 237 or [email protected]
Applications close: 11pm Friday, 2 June 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.