- Job no: 64567
- Category: Nurse, Psychiatry
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent, Full-time with flexible ADO
- Based at The Alfred Hospital
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 5
- Frequent professional development opportunities
What's in it for you
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Regular professional supervision
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is responsible for the operation of services, which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
The single most important goal of Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is to create an environment that facilitates clinical recovery, supports individual recovery efforts and strives to minimise service system barriers to the recovery process.
What you’ll be doing
The Community Addiction Nurse Practitioner Candidate (Addiction NPC) will be clinically situated within CL Addictions with some sessions provided through South City Clinic as the NPC progresses through their training.
In this role, you will provide clinical leadership, advanced addiction assessment and treatment and capacity building across AMAH community programs.
The role is differentiated from other advanced practice nursing roles by a scope of practice working towards full registration as a Nurse Practitioner, including but not limited to prescribing medication, initiating diagnostic investigations, direct referral to health specialists, direct admission and discharge rights, and provision of absence from work certificates.
During the candidacy period this will involve support to engage in required study with direct clinical support from addiction medicine specialists and the existing Addiction and Mental health NPs.
- Division 1 Registered Nurse
- Registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Post graduate qualifications in a relevant speciality
- Either: Current endorsement by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Nurse Practitioner, having completed a Masters of Nurse Practitioner (or a Masters granted equivalence of qualification by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency plus an approved Therapeutic Medication Management module)
- Or: Currently completing a relevant masters qualification and seeking a candidacy within the specialities of mental health and primary care
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior nursing role
- Relevant experience in clinical assessment and treatment in the areas of addiction, physical health and/or mental health
- Evidence of competent utilisation of extensions to advanced nursing practice according to approved Clinical Practice Guidelines in mental and addiction health
- Australian working rights
- Current Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Great work life balance & located close to public transport, shops and cafes
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Meg McKechnie on 0419 811 087.
Closing date: 11PM Tuesday, 30th May 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.