- Job no: 63451
- Category: Junior Medical, Registrar
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Alfred Psychiatry is seeking applications from motivated psychiatry registrars who share The Alfred’s values and wish to participate in the Psychiatry Registrar Training Program, starting August 2023
Psychiatry Registrar (Stage 2)
- Weekly education Sessions
- An exam tutorial programme runs twice-yearly to prepare for the CEQ and MEQ Examinations
- All trainees have an individual psychotherapy psychiatrist supervisor to support them in completing the 40-session Psychotherapy Written Case.
- Journal Club
Psychiatry Registrar (stage 3)
Advanced Training Certification can be commenced once a registrar enters Stage 3 of training.
Advanced Certificates on offer at The Alfred include:
- Generalist Training (automatic enrolment)
- Child and Adolescent
- Consultation- Liaison Psychiatry
- Adult Psychiatry
- Psychiatry of Old Age
- Addiction Psychiatry
Adult/Generalist training boasts a large array of opportunities including:
- Private Practice Settings (e.g. Victoria Clinic, Albert Road Clinic)
- Specialist Community Clinic placements (e.g. Homeless Team, Mobile Support Team, Navigations Team)
- Neuropsychiatry Rotations (e.g. Acquired Brain Injury Unit, Neuro-stimulation through Victoria Clinic)
- Other opportunities (e.g. Crisis Assessment and Treatment, Alfred Psychiatry Intensive Care State-wide Service (APICSS))
Other educational opportunities include:
- an annual CBT seminar programme
- Reading Group (seminal psychotherapeutic articles)
- Journal Club
For further enquires please contact Dr Leo Chen (Director Psychiatry Registrar Training and Workforce) at Leo.Chen@alfred.org.au or Laurina Van Tilburg (Junior Medical Workforce Training Coordinator) at L.VanTilburg@alfred.org.au
Please include a cover letter and CV as part of your application.
Applications close 31st March 2023
‘Candidates are advised that applications are reviewed as they are received and the department and hospital may finalise an appointment prior to the closing if appropriate, therefore, please lodge your application as soon as possible.’
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.