- Job no: 63421
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Social Work
- Grade 2 Social Worker SC21-SC24
- Permanent, part-time position - 24 hours per week
- Great staff benefits!
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Grade 2 Social Worker SC21-SC24
- Part-Time position - 16-24 hours per week
- Available for 6 months
- Community Rehabilitation Program, based at Caulfield Hospital
- Great staff benefits
- Alfred Health Community Rehabilitation Program provides Home and Centre Based rehabilitation as well as Falls Clinic services.
- The service's focus is on the provision of goal-directed, community-based rehabilitation for clients following injury or hospitalisation.
- The Community Rehabilitation interdisciplinary team comprises Physiotherapists, Ocupational therapists, Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, a Neuropsychologist, a Clinical Psychologist, Allied Health Assistants, Rehabilitation Medicine Doctors, Registered Nurse and Social Workers.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and skilled Social Worker to join our interdisciplinary team.
- The overall objective of the position is to provide high quality, time-limited Social Work services to clients in their home or the community rehabilitation centre.
- The position aims to provide a flexible and responsive service that works to meet each client’s identified rehabilitation goals.
- Interventions may be provided individually or as group sessions.
- The clinical caseload is varied and may include neurological, orthopaedic, cardiac, spinal, pulmonary and functional decline diagnoses.
- Minimum three years’ clinical experience.
- Recent experience in the provision of Social Work services in aged care, rehabilitation or community settings.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to principles of continuous quality improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and modify service delivery in accordance with evidence-based practice.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to promote teamwork.
- Strong theoretical knowledge base and experience in the areas of counselling, crisis management and care coordination.
- Demonstrated participation in professional development relevant to the position.
- Opportunity to work with a broad range of clinical presentations
- Opportunity to work in a supportive team with diverse clinical expertise and knowledge
- Professional development opportunities
- Regular professional and operational supervision
- Focus on employee wellbeing with access to formal support programs
- Access to Salary Packaging
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking
Enquiries: David Harrower (Team Leader) on 0419 770 237 or Anna Ellis (Senior Social Worker) on 0487 124 346
Applications close: 11pm Thursday, 15 June 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Published on 01 Jun 2023, 5:02 AM