- Job no: 62638
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Social Work
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Position
- Full Time or Part Time 0.8EFT- 1EFT
- Grade 4 Classification Social Work - SC53
- Alfred Health Location
The Social Work Department operates in accordance with the philosophy and goals of The Alfred. A focus on the quality of life and participation in care is a primary goal of the Department. Under the direction of the Manager of, Social Work Department, the following services are provided.
Social Work aims to identify and address the psychosocial impacts of illness and hospitalisation for patients and their families by providing a range of services that increase the quality of life and participation in care. Social Work also assists patients and their families with a smooth transition from hospital to home.
Social Work provides a range of services including:
- Discharge Planning
- Crisis interventions
- Bereavement and Grief and loss counselling
- Family support/ Adjustment to hospitalisation
- Care coordination
- Community liaison
The Strengthening Hospitals Response to Family Violence (SHRFV) aims to increase staff competence, develop and share resources and build hospital capacity across Victoria to respond to family violence and improve outcomes for patients who have experienced family violence. Alfred Health is now implementing a whole-of-hospital approach for embedding the practice of identifying and responding to family violence experienced by patients. This is a key leadership role that is required to deliver a whole of hospital response to supporting and managing Family violence.
The Family Violence Program Lead Grade 4 will be responsible for ensuring:
- Leadership and oversight of the Family Violence Program across Alfred Health
- Deliver key clinical & manager’s training to various staffing groups across the organisation including high-level training to senior staff within the health service
- Providing expert advice and guidance around changes to Family violence legislation and processes including the organisational alignment to the prescribed MARAM framework
- Directing, leading, and implementing the new legislated Information Sharing Schemes process within Alfred Health and evaluating this process to determine key performance indicators that need to be met within the organisation
- Providing operational management, leadership, and supervision to the Family Violence team
Please ensure you address the Key Selection Criteria in your application.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Approved degree in Social Work and evidence of eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Advanced social work skills and experience as evidenced by proven, demonstrated post-qualifying experience and a demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Knowledge of current hospital social work practices.
- Evidence of involvement in and/or understanding of principles of research and evaluation.
- Current Victorian Drivers License.
- A current Working with Children’s check is required to undertake this role
- Salary Packaging
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Staff Parking (subject to availability)
- Child Care Servies (Alfred Hospital)
- On-site Gym (Alfred Hospital)
Please contact Devereaux de Silva- Social Work Manager on 9076 3026 for more information
Applications close January 31, 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Closes in 4 days - 31 Jan 2023
- Published on 17 Jan 2023, 11:32 PM