- Job no: 62157
- Category: Nurse, Psychiatry
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Ongoing Appointment
- Full-Time 80 Hours + ADO
- RPN 4 / Allied Health 3
- Located at Alfred Health
Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is responsible for the operation of services, which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
Services are provided by a number of teams located at the Alfred Hospital (Commercial Road, Prahran) and at 549 St. Kilda Road, 607 St Kilda Rd, Alma Road CCU in St. Kilda, PARC at Nicholson Street Prahran, Aged Mental Health service at Caulfield Hospital and the Child & Adolescent Service located in Moorabbin and headspace service in various locations in Victoria. Alfred Mental & Addiction Health also works in partnership with relevant local nongovernment and social support agencies.
AMAH delivers a range of psychiatric services:
- Adult: comprises an inpatient unit (IPU), including a Statewide psychiatric intensive care service (APICSS), and a consultation-liaison service at the Alfred Hospital;
- Sub-acute Prevention & Recovery Care Unit (PARC) in South Yarra; and
- Continuing care, rehabilitation, crisis assessment, homeless, and mobile support & treatment services in locations in Prahran (The Alfred), and St. Kilda (St Kilda Road Clinic & Alma Road CCU).
There is strong postgraduate & undergraduate teaching coordinated by the expanding AMAH Research Centre and strong links with the Caulfield Aged Psychiatry Service.
The role of the Service Improvement Coordinator is to support and implement processes that guide the mental health service towards continuous improvement with a specific focus on feedback, patient safety and clinical risk management. This includes supporting the collection, use, evaluation and management of feedback and risk information within the Area Mental Health Service.
This position is a resource and contact person in relation to feedback management, risk monitoring and improvement, adherence to standards and legislative compliance across the service.
The position will actively develop and promote the directions of the QIS team and assist in fostering a culture of continuous improvement within AMAH.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Relevant tertiary qualification in a clinical discipline and/or health service management
- Experience or capacity to facilitate organisational change, support and involve staff and consumers in planning and service development initiatives
- Ability to review and analyse quantitative and qualitative data and compile appropriate reports
- Sound knowledge of the concepts and principles of quality management with emphasis on systems improvement
- Experience in facilitating and coordinating service wide reviews and developing plans and process to implement identified changes
- Proven ability developing, monitoring and evaluating quality and risk management systems in a health context
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and an ability to apply these skills to a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge of the strategic, policy, organisational frameworks and legislation that influence public mental health in Victoria
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Great work life balance & located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Penny Herbert on ph: 9076 4778
Closing date: Monday, 19 December 2022 by 11pm AEDT
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Closes in 10 days - 19 Dec 2022