- Job no: 62048
- Category: Nurse, Registered Nurse
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed Term - Ending Late June 2023
- Part Time - 64 hrs per f/n or 0.8 EFT
- Classification: RN Grade 2 (Years 1-10+)
- Location: The Alfred
- Great Staff Benefits!
The Alfred Health Cancer Program is responsible for the overall delivery of a comprehensive cancer service which includes a number of clinical areas and units including; Medical Oncology, Haematology, Bone Marrow Transplant, State-wide Haemophilia Service, Radiation Oncology, Palliative Care and the Victorian Melanoma Service.
The Haematology/Oncology Centre (HOC) provides systemic therapy for most adult solid tumours and blood cancers, as well as an apheresis and outpatient stem cell transplant service.
The day treatment area accommodates:
- Dedicated systemic anti-cancer therapy chairs
- Bone Marrow biopsies
- Cancer Clinical Trials
An exciting opportunity exists for registered nurses with chemotherapy experience to work in the Haematology Oncology Centre. If you have excellent communication skills, work well in a dynamic team and have cannulation and CVAD management skills, this is the job for you! Enjoy the normality of working Monday to Friday.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic, patient centred nurses with chemotherapy skills to join our hardworking team. You will have:
• Haematology/Oncology experience
• Apheresis experience desirable
• Chemotherapy experience including ADAC credentialing and cannulation skills
• Demonstrated ability to provide excellent patient care to a wide variety of patients
• Experience working to achieve positive patient outcomes within a team environment
- Salary packaging and novated leasing are available via Maxxia
- Discounted health insurance
- Onsite gym and childcare services
- Health and well-being incentives
For further inquiries regarding the role contact: Danielle Lee (Acting Nursing Services Manager) at 0431 174 898 or email@example.com
Applications close at 11pm Tuesday, 29th November 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Closed 10 days ago - 29 Nov 2022