- Job no: 62046
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Pharmacy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Position
- Full Time - 80 Hours + ADO
- Pharmacy Technician Grade 2
- Salary Range: $60,450 per annum
- Located at Alfred Health
- Great Staff Benefits
The Pharmacy services operate over 4 sites within Alfred Health and involve in training interns, undergraduate and overseas research students. Pharmacists are essential members of all clinical teams and have a critical role in patient management. The service has 3 key priorities:
- Medication Safety
- Cost effective use of medicines
- Delivery of specialist pharmacy expertise at critical points in the patient care pathway
Services have been aligned with the Alfred Health clinical programme structure
A Pharmacy inventory and procurement technician Grade 2 will perform activities including, but not limited to:
- Stock control
- Drug Distribution
- Store Work
- Imprest management for wards and departments
A Grade 1 Pharmacy Technician undertakes all duties as per a Grade 2 Pharmacy Technician and receives appropriate training. They will be expected to complete a Certificate III in Health (Hospital Pharmacy Technician), after which progression to a Grade 2 pharmacy technician will occur as per the EBA.
Qualification & Experience Required
- Excellent communication skills and team building skills
- Able to prioritise workload efficiently in a demanding environment
- Project management skills desirable
- Intermediate computer skills
- Fast learner
- Able to identify improvements and demonstrate initiative
- Previous store and stock control experience
- Experience with iPharmacy Computer System
- Hospital pharmacy experience
- Experience in procurement, forecasting, planning and warehousing environment
- Certificate III in Health - Hospital Pharmacy Technician (awarded by a registered training organization or equivalent qualification - As approved by pharmacy board of Australia or equivalent body)
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurnace
- Staff Parking (Subject to Availability)
- Child Care Services (Subject to Availability)
- On Site Gym
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Jarrod Yip, Deputy Director of Pharmacy - Pharmaceutical Management on 9076 2061 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Applications close at 11 pm Monday 12th December 2022.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Closes in 3 days - 12 Dec 2022
- Published on 14 Nov 2022, 1:58 AM