- Job no: 61367
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Have you been/or are you caring for a young person with complex mental health issues?
If the answer is YES - we are looking for YOU!
- Permanent, Part-time (3 days/week)
- Based in Moorabbin with some travel required between locations
- Lived experience as a carer of a young person with complex mental health issues essential
Alfred Child and Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS) is one component of Addiction and Mental Health at Alfred Health.
We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
Family Peer Support
The Family Peer Support Work (FPSW) program works in conjunction with our clinical teams to provide support to family members or other carers in the network of the young person. Family members and friends often provide the main safety net and support system for a young person. Evidence shows that when family and friends are involved with services, outcomes for young people improve.
The aim of Family Peer Support is to:
- minimise the impact of complex mental health issues on family and significant others of young people within the service; and
- support the engagement of families and significant others with the service in order to enhance the process of recovery for young people experiencing complex mental health issues.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As one of our Family Peer Specialists, you will draw from your own lived experience to offer support, either face to face or over the telephone, to families of young people up to 25 years of age attending Alfred Child and Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS).
- Lived experience as a carer of a young person with complex mental health issues (essential)
- Willingness to share your lived experience story when useful
- Confidence to advocate for yourself and families in a clinical environment
- Australian working rights
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and Influenza
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check or willing to obtain one, and be willing to undergo a Background Check
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Great work-life balance
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Jacinta Kuklych on ph: 0419 193 521
Applications close Tuesday, 4 October 2022 at 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closes in 6 days - 04 Oct 2022
- Published on 20 Sep 2022, 6:37 AM