- Job no: 59622
- Category: Nurse, Clinical
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Registered Nurse CN4
- Community Rehabilitation Program (CRP) - based at Caulfield Hospital
- Full-time, permanent position
- 80 hours per fortnight, plus ADO
- Alfred Health Community Rehabilitation Program provides Home and Centre Based rehabilitation as well as Falls Clinic services.
- The service's focus is on the provision of goal-directed, community-based rehabilitation for clients following injury or hospitalisation.
- The Community Rehabilitation interdisciplinary team comprises physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, dietitians, a neuropsychologist, a clinical psychologist, allied health assistants, rehabilitation medicine doctor, community health nurse and social workers.
- CRP provides a positive, client-focused working environment which fosters a culture of collaboration.
- The CRP RN is part of an interdisciplinary team that provides comprehensive assessments and rehabilitation.
- The CRP RN is responsible for providing direct care, client education and care coordination for clients referred to CRP.
- The purpose is to promote recovery and independence of clients and facilitate their ability to continue living safely in the community.
- The position involves the provision of nursing services in the client’s home, local community or the community rehabilitation centre.
- The clinical caseload is varied and may include neurological, orthopaedic, cardiac, spinal, pulmonary and functional decline diagnoses.
- Minimum four years of clinical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team.
- Evidence of previous involvement and commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Experience in conducting comprehensive holistic client assessment and care planning.
- Ability to work autonomously in the community.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and modify service delivery in accordance with evidence-based practice.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to promote teamwork.
- Strong theoretical knowledge base and experience in the areas of orthopaedics, neurology and gerontology.
- Demonstrated participation in professional development relevant to the position.
- Recent experience in rehabilitation, community health or aged care.
- Regular professional and operational supervision
- Access to a range of professional development opportunities
- Salary Packaging
- Easy public transport access
- Discounted staff carparking
Enquiries: Lana Umansky (Manager Community Rehabilitation Program) on 9076 6207
Application Closing Date: 22nd August 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Closes in 5 days - 22 Aug 2022
- Published on 17 Aug 2022, 5:44 AM