- Job no: 59381
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Physiotherapy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Unique opportunity to join our new Acute Care of the Elderly (General Medicine) unit at Caulfield Hospital.
- Permanent, full time position (80 hours + ADO)
- Physiotherapist Grade 3 Classification
- Caulfield Hospital location
- Great staff benefits
Alfred Health’s Physiotherapy Service provides physiotherapy services to the patients of The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital. The team of more than 100EFT provide high-quality service across a broad range of inpatient (acute and subacute) areas including multiple specialty and statewide services.
The Physiotherapy Service at Caulfield Hospital is organised into four functional streams: Musculoskeletal, Neuro/Spinal Rehab, Health of Older Persons (HOP), and Acquired Brain Injury.
The Physiotherapy service includes inpatients on-site, amputee outpatients, pulmonary rehab and 'Better at Home' (inpatient bed substitution program in patients' own homes).
The Neuro/Spinal stream offers a physio rehabilitation service to patients with stroke, non-traumatic SCI, progressive neurological diseases, brain tumours, brain injury, Guillian Barre syndrome and other neurological disorders. this includes assessment, rehabilitation and discharge planning. The Neuro/Spinal physio stream currently works across 1 spinal and mixed rehab ward, 1 HOP and Neuro rehab ward and the Better At Home mixed HOP and Rehab ward. The caseloads whilst Neuro/Spinal orientated currently have a mix of HOP patients also.
- The Senior Clinician Physiotherapist (General Medicine) Grade 3 Physiotherapist is responsible for the ongoing development and provision of physiotherapy services of physiotherapy services to the General Medicine Units in consultation with senior clinician(s) and stream leader at the level of a developing expert. This role is predominantly based at Caulfield Hospital, but the position may require work across The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital.
- The Senior Clinician Physiotherapist (General Medicine) is responsible for the education of physiotherapy students and the supervision and professional development of Grade 2, Grade 1 and AHA staff assigned to this area.
- The Senior Clinician Physiotherapist (General Medicine) physiotherapist is also responsible for and expected to be engaged in research and / or quality activities within their specialised area of interest, or more broadly for the physiotherapy service.
- The Senior Clinician Physiotherapist (General Medicine) physiotherapist has an important role contributing to the development of individuals, the clinical team and the physiotherapy service through good leadership, teamwork and communication.
- Physiotherapist registered to practice in the state of Victoria.
- Minimum 7 years experience as a physiotherapist, at least 6 years with a general medical caseload
- Demonstrated expert knowledge and skills in the provision of physiotherapy services in general medicine populations
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant field, (or be working towards) would be highly regarded.
- High-level communication and time management skills
- Salary Packaging
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Staff Car Parking (subject to availability)
Please send all enquiries to: Liz Batchelor, Physiotherapy Manager, 0428 648 110.
Applications close 11pm Monday, 15th August 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closed 2 days ago - 15 Aug 2022