Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Ongoing Position
- Part Time – 64 Hours Per Fortnight
- Allied Health Grade 2 or RPN Grade 3
- Located at Caulfield Hospital
- Great Staff Benefits
The Aged Psychiatry Service (Aged Psychiatry Service) provides assessment, treatment and ongoing management for people over the age of 65 years with a mental health disorder including psychological & behavioural disturbances, for persons residing in the Inner South East catchment area.
The APS consists of Baringa which is a 15 bed acute inpatient unit as well as the community based Mobile Aged Psychiatry Service (MAPS), a hospital based Consultation & Liaison service (including off campus Transitional Care Program (TCP), and a Clinical Trials & Research team
A Psychiatric Consultation & Liaison service is provided to patients at Caulfield Hospital and
The APS utilises a multidisciplinary team approach to patient care, which includes: registered nurses, medical, social work, occupational therapist, psychologist and clerical support staff.
The APS is the responsibility of the Director of Aged Psychiatry Services. The operational management of The Aged Psychiatry Service is the responsibility of the Senior Nurse Operations Manager.
The Case Manager (Registered Nurse, Social Worker, and Occupational Therapist) is responsible for a range of clinical mental health services including triage/intake, mental state examinations, risk assessments, care planning, treatment, case management and discharge planning for persons generally over the age of 65.
The Case Manager will act as a resource person to other staff in clinical problem solving and is also responsible for the promotion of Aged Persons Mental Health Services, supporting the Team Leader/Manager in orientation and development of new staff. Case managers will also be expected to carry a portfolio as designated by the Team Leader/Manager.
As a member of a multidisciplinary team the Case Manager will consult with other staff members on specialist matters, in relation to client need and will act as a resource person to other staff in clinical problem solving. The Case Manager will offer peer supervision to other staff as delegated by the Team Leader/Manager and will participate in clinical and line supervision.
Qualifications / Experiences Required
- Registered as a Division 1 Nurse under the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency ( Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia)
- Holding, or able to demonstrate working towards, Post graduate qualifications in Psychiatric Nursing and/or Mental Health
- Social Workers:
- Minimum Bachelor of Social Work
- Must be eligible for membership with AASW and show evidence of this
- Evidence of CPD
- Preferably accredited with AASW
- Occupational Therapists:
- B. App Sc (OT), B. Occupational Therapy, or MOT prac
- Must be eligible for membership with OTA and show evidence of this
- Must be registered under the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Evidence of CPD
- Current Victorian Driver’s License
Preferred / Desirable
- Sound knowledge of current legislation, including the Mental Health Act and its amendments
- Minimum two years’ experience in mental health settings
- A sound knowledge of the Guardianship Act, Victoria.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Computer skills
- Presentation skills
- Manage and resolve conflict
- Advanced mental health clinical skills
- Discipline specific assessment and treatment skills
- Telephone assessment skills
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
If applicable, specify specific requirements that you require in the cover letter or CV.
For any enquiries contact Kate Dunne (MAPS Team Leader) or Gamze Sonmez (Operations Manager) on 03 9076 6012.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.