Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed term – July 2022
- Part-Time – 64 hours per fortnight
- Classification code – Art Therapist Grade 2
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
The Alfred's Department of Mental and Addiction Health delivers a range of psychiatric services: The service comprises an inpatient unit (IPU), including a State-wide psychiatric intensive care service (APICSS), and a consultation-liaison service at the Alfred Hospital; a sub-acute Prevention & Recovery Care Unit (PARC) in South Yarra; and continuing care, rehabilitation, crisis assessment, homeless, and mobile support & treatment services in locations in Prahran (The Alfred), South Yarra (Waiora Clinic) and St. Kilda (St Kilda Road Clinic & Alma Road ARCC). Alfred Psychiatry is responsible for the operation of services which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
The incumbent will be expected to provide a client centred art therapy program that enhances the well being and recovery of patients admitted to the acute in patient units. Participation in the establishment of the therapeutic group program is a key role. The Acute Service is one component of a comprehensive adult psychiatric service at The Alfred. Alfred Psychiatry has a multidisciplinary approach to care of individuals diagnosed with, or at risk of developing a serious mental illness. Music and Art therapists in Alfred Psychiatry are well supported professionally with access to professional development, supervision and performance management structures. This pos ition is 0.6 EFT.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education & Certification:
Capabilities for this position:
- Demonstrated skills in principles and practice of Art Therapy for people with serious mental illness, undertaking assessment, development and implementation of individual treatment and management plans in consultation with the multidisciplinary team
- Experience in development and implementation of group programs
- Highly developed communication skills, enabling effective liaising with peers, other staff in teams and other agencies, and to enhance high quality care.
- Demonstrate sound professional knowledge; promote education and professional development in the workplace; provide and receive professional supervision; and contribute to the supervision of art therapists, students and allied health assistant.
- Demonstrated attributes in client focus, teamwork, motivation and enthusiasm.
- Active participation in quality improvement activities including clinical review meetings, participation in outcome measures recording and analysis.
- Maintenance of records according to Alfred Psychiatry standards. Ability to undertake comprehensive documentation in the patient files, including progress notes, management plans, transfer/discharge plans and reviews.
- Provide support to, and facilitate engagement of families, carers and consumers in treatment planning and outcome review processes.
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Megan Layne on 9076 3922
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.