Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Full time - 80 hours plus flexible ADO to June 2022
- Based in Narre Warren (and Dandenong)
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 3, Social Worker/Occupational Therapist/Psychologist Grade 2
- Graduates in Social Work or Occupational Therapy considered
- Be involved in an innovative youth mental health program that is making a real difference in the lives of our young people and families.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- A positive team culture that genuinely values our employees.
- Regular clinical supervision and professional development opportunities.
- Develop therapeutic and family therapy skills in a supportive team environment.
- A manageable workload allowing work-life balance.
- An opportunity to be involved in changing perceptions and reducing stigma surrounding mental health issues!
headspace Early Psychosis is one of the world’s most comprehensive youth early psychosis programs being delivered through one program in each Australian state.
Through this new initiative, young people and their families have timely access to comprehensive evidence-based early psychosis services. This program aims to intervene early with young people who have unusual sensory experiences and/or beliefs and their families and supporters. The service builds on strengths and resilience, uses the wisdom of lived experience and fosters hope, potential, and recovery.
Alfred Health is the lead agency for this program and offers the opportunity to work in a growing dynamic healthcare environment.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As a CCT (Continuing Care Team) Clinician you will provide medium to long-term support for young people which includes clinical assessment, case-management and therapy for young people presenting with, or at risk of developing, early psychosis and facilitate a culture that emphasises family involvement.
In this role you will be well supported through an outcome orientated multi-disciplinary team structure with opportunities for professional development.
WHAT WE NEED
- Approved tertiary qualifications and eligibility for membership of AHPRA, or AASW.
- Current Victorian Driver’s License and Working with Children Check.
- Appropriate work visa.
- Post graduate qualifications (desired).
- Access to salary packaging and discounted health insurance and banking.
- Portable long service leave from other public health services.
- Frequent professional development opportunities including participation in the Discovery College.
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants.
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion or more detail on the role, please contact Paul Bennetts ph: 0427 169 615
Applications close Sunday 29 August 2021 at 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.