Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent ongoing
- Full-time – 80 hours per fortnight including an ADO
- Classification code – HS5
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
The Information Development Division is responsible for enabling clinical staff to deliver timely, quality care to our patients and carers through innovative use of information technologies, and through strategic management of information and data across the organisation.
Team Leader, Infrastructure (Server Team) is responsible for the day to day management of our Server and Storage function, including providing leadership to the server operations team. The role will oversee operations, maintenance, and performance of Alfred Health's computing infrastructure (both on-premises and cloud-hosted). The role entails the management of all internal and third-party IT infrastructure used to support the business, management of external vendors, some hands-on / project based technical work and on-going improvement of internal process and service delivery.
The role provides excellent customer service for the support of ICT infrastructure environments including virtualisation, server operating systems, backup and recovery, enterprise SOE management, identity and access management, infrastructure-as-a-service using recognised operational principles and methods such as ITIL.
The role requires the establishment and maintenance of excellent working relationships with team members, vendors and relevant business stake holders to deliver Alfred Health technology requirements. The role is accountable for the professional development of team members and workload management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education & Certification
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or similar discipline.
- ITIL Foundation certificate
- Relevant professional certifications desirable.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in leading a team of IT specialists and technical experts.
- At least five years’ experience in server administration
- Thorough understanding of virtualisation, server operating systems, backup and recovery, enterprise SOE management, security systems, identity and access management, infrastructure-as-a-service
- Experience working in complex operational ICT environments
- Previous experience defining IT operational processes
- Working experience with enterprise system management and monitoring tools
- Understanding of security principles and practices
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and organised, with strong planning skills and attention to detail.
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Adam Barry on 9076 3859
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.