Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Part-time – 56 hours per fortnight
- Fixed term – until March 2022
- Classification code : RPN Grade 4 (NP75-NP77)
- Alfred Health locations
- Staff benefits
Alfred Mental & Addiction Health Workforce Development and Education is a dynamic team of interdisciplinary clinicians providing training and education to Nursing and Allied Health staff working in all areas of psychiatry.
Graduate nurses will be based at Headspace: Headspace Southern Melbourne was established in 2007 and Alfred Health became the lead agency in 2011. The centre was relocated and became Headspace Elsternwick in 2013. In the same year, Headspace Elsternwick launched the beginnings of the Headspace Early Psychosis program.
A transition nurse will be based at Child and Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS): CYMHS at Alfred Health is a community-based service that provides comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
The Graduate Nurse Educator is a member of the workforce development team. The major role of this position is the support the of graduate and transition nurses into the mental health graduate nurse program. The position will work collaboratively with the Mental Health Graduate Program Manager to ensure that we provide a supported program focusing on best practice. A key requirement of the role is to effectively and efficiently perform a range of teaching roles and tasks to support graduate/transition nurses.
The position works in collaboration with Workforce Development and Education, Senior Nurses and the Multidisciplinary Team to ensure satisfactory progress of staff undertaking their graduate or transition year. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team in a trauma informed care and recovery model is required.
- Registered or eligible for registration with the AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Holds a postgraduate qualification in mental health nursing that is recognised by the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses as a mental health specialty program or is a hospital / university trained Mental Health Nurse
- Recent experience working in the public Mental Health setting as a nurse
- Recent experience in planning educational sessions and working in nursing education is an advantage
- Relevant computer skills
- Certificate IV Assessment and training
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Discounted car parking
If you have any queries regarding the role, please contact Shana McCormack on 9076 6514
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.