Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Grade 2 Occupational Therapist - Better at Home (B@H)
Permanent ongoing position
Full Time - 80 hours per fortnight (with ADO)
The Directorate - Allied Health
Alfred Health - Allied Health is comprised of a number of disciplines that provide patient centred care across all clinical programs that operate at Alfred Health, including acute, rehabilitation/aged care, mental health and community/ambulatory care services.
The Department - Occupational Therapy
Alfred Health - Occupational Therapy Services operates across The Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals, with clinical services aligned to Alfred Health strategic goals and operational performance targets
We are seeking a Grade 2 clinician to work in our B@H service operating out of Caulfield General Medical Centre (CGMC). The B@H service is a rehabilitation bed substitution Model and aims to provide comprehensive multidisciplinary rehabilitation services to patients in their own home instead of the inpatient hospital setting. The successful applicant will demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and be passionate about providing rehabilitation services to people in their homes to maximise functional independence and promote safety and quality of life. They will contribute strongly to the multi-disciplinary team and deliver therapy via a combination of face to face and Telehealth modalities. The successful applicant will demonstrate a commitment to patient-centred care, collaborative practice and evidence-based knowledge translation.
This is a new and exciting model of care that is expanding and therefore will provide opportunity for involvement in leadership and service development. You will be expected to participate in teaching and training, and supervision of junior occupational therapists, Allied Health Assistants and undergraduate students.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated best practice in patient assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and modify service delivery in accordance with evidence-based practice.
- Demonstrated skills in clinical supervision and teaching.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the principles of continuous quality improvement.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to promote teamwork, and a proven ability to relate effectively to people at all levels of the organisation.
- Established skills in organisation, planning and priority setting.
Applicants must also have the following qualifications
- B. App Sc (OT), B. Occupational Therapy, MOT prac or recognised equivalent.
- Full Registration held with Occupational Therapy Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Member of OT Australia (or eligibility for membership).
- Minimum three years of clinical experience in Occupational Therapy – experience with rehabilitation and/or community based services is highly valued.
- Current Victorian Driver’s License (unrestricted).
- Current Working with Children’s Check.
- The Alfred Health Occupational Therapy Department has a strong commitment to professional development and clinical supervision for all staff members.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Applications close on Sunday, 24 Jan 2020
All enquiries to;
Andriel McKay – email; firstname.lastname@example.org (mobile 0427843557) or Briony Foote – email; email@example.com (mobile 0436283095)
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.