Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Social Worker Renal / General Medicine -
Renal 0.8 EFT / General Medicine 0.2 EFT
Full-time - Fixed Term 6 Month appointment- Until January 2021
Would you like to work with a progressive, supportive social work department and make a real difference with the patients and families you work with?
The Social Work Department operates in accordance with the philosophy and goals of The Alfred. A focus on quality of life and participation in care is a primary goal of the Department. Under the direction of the Manager, Social Work Department, the following services are provided:
- Social Work (Alfred and Sandringham)
- Aboriginal Health (Alfred Health)
A fantastic opportunity exists for a Social worker with experience in a hospital setting to join the Social Work Department at Alfred Health.
You will become part of a dynamic and supportive department which is committed to excellence and innovation. We provide skilled supervision and ongoing professional development.
You will be responsible for the provision of social work services to patients and their families/significant others primarily in Renal Services at The Alfred and its satellite dialysis service at Caulfield General Medical Centre and Sandringham Hospital. You will also provide a service to Renal out patients in collaboration with the Renal team.
You will also be expected to be an active contributor to team and departmental activities, such as quality improvement programs and development of service initiatives within the specialty area, and priority allocation. Supervision of junior staff and students will also be expected, when appropriate. You will be a dynamic, innovative and flexible practitioner with a good knowledge of resources, residential care processes and referral networks. This role will also work across the General Medicine Stream providing a Social work service to the General Medicine area. Applicants must be eligible for AASW membership.
- Approved degree in Social Work and evidence of eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Advanced social work skills and experience as evidenced by (preferably) 4 or more years post qualifying experience (minimum of 3) and a demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- A knowledge of Nephrology services and the psychosocial impact that this area has on this patient population
- Demonstrated experience in the area of General Medicine and an understanding of this diverse patient population
- A working understanding of the NDIS and current processes around this service
- Experience in the ability to be a team player within the larger clinical service team of Renal/General Medicine and demonstrated experience in supporting the leadership within a team and working together with Team Leaders to promote and assist in the leadership of the social work service.
- Demonstrated ability to manage both an inpatient and outpatient caseload
- Will need a current Working with Children’s check to undertake this role.
- Desirable Post graduate qualifications in Social Work or a related field.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 5 August 2020
Please direct any queries to Carly McKerral on 90763026
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.