Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
HARP (Hospital Admission Risk Program) Complex Care is a community-based service within the range of Health Independence Programs (HIP). Alfred Health HARP sits within the Rehabilitation, Aged, and Community Care and reporting through the Community Integrated Stream. HARP provides support, education and care coordination to improve the well being and independence of individuals living in the community.
- Fixed Term until June 2021
- Part-Time 56 hours a fortnight
- Monday - Friday (No weekend work)
- Flexible working hours
- Grade 3B Registered Nurse
This position is open to a suitably qualified and experienced registered nurse that has a strong interest in chronic and complex health care. This role works within the Inner South geographic team with supervision and support from the HIP CCC, working alongside the Inner South case managers and allied health team. The HARP RN is responsible for conducting phone risk assessments, triaging new referrals, and prioritising care. During outreach visits, the HARP RN conducts comprehensive systems assessments, initiates treatment, and provides support and education to patients on the self-management of their chronic disease. The HARP RN in collaboration with the patient, family, carers and broader HARP service develops and implements patient-centered care plans. The RN involves the multidisciplinary team in the patient's care when allied health services are required and engages the HARP register in the medical management of their patients.
The successful applicant will have:
- Four years of nursing experience following graduating from a Bachelor of Nursing
- Sound assessment skills, critical thinking, and the ability to work autonomously when required or part of a team to determine and implement plans of care in the community.
- Improve patient safety and quality of life through the promotion of chronic disease self-management and health independence
- Be able to recognise deterioration and or risk in the community and escalate appropriately
- A strong interest in caring for people who experience significant challenges in both chronic disease, vulnerability and psychosocial complexities
- Onsite Gym
- Child Care
- Discount health insurance
- Salary packaging.
All queries to Jennah Holwell HARP Operations Lead on 0419770002
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.