Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Senior Engineer, Infrastructure
Information Development Division
- Full Time, Ongoing
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
About the position…
Excellent IT opportunities available to join a world renowned, public health organisation, Alfred Health, in Melbourne.
Alfred Health is one of the world leaders in its field and is extremely dependent on its information systems to support its daily operations. The organisation is very keen to be innovative and progressive in its application of technology to support the various areas of its business and in particular the patient journey.
The infrastructure comprises approximately 5000 workstations, a WAN, connecting a number of hospitals, remote clinics, and multiple data centres with enterprise servers (physical and virtual). The applications range from clinical, service delivery, administrative to commercial and business.
The Information Development Division is responsible for supporting this infrastructure and is looking for Senior Engineer with strong technical and management skills who is eager to develop upon their current professional knowledge base. The primary activities include the following
- Provide subject matter expertise as agreed and required by technology projects and line manager.
- Mentor and assist less experienced Infrastructure team members in their daily activities.
- Provide expert and proactive advice to ITS Management regarding Alfred Health back end infrastructure.
- Ensure that the Infrastructure environment is managed effectively and activities are prioritised according to severity and priorities set for the team.
- Manage and perform technical Tasks during Disaster Recovery events.
- Provide after-hours support on a rotational on-call basis.
- Perform capacity monitoring and planning to ensure Alfred Health receives the full benefit of hardware investments.
- Be involved in recruitment and performance management, as required.
Maintain the back-end Infrastructure Environment
- Monitor network performance and report when anomalies, errors, inaccuracies, or inefficiencies occur. Make recommendations as needed.
- Ensure the back-end infrastructure is appropriate and reliable to meet business requirements demanded by the Hospital
- Provide a secure, reliable and usable environment for all Alfred Health users.
- Actively work on achieving ICT Infrastructure and operations teams KPI targets.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Maintain Infrastructure standards. This includes best practice, security, design, back up, patch management and change control.
- Provide responsive Level 2 & 3 support with a customer service focus.
- Ensure stakeholders are kept informed of progress on requests, incident and problem resolution.
- Provide training to Level 1 support staff on simple concepts of the Infrastructure environment to better manage calls and reduce escalations.
- Provide after-hours escalation point for Level 2 & 3 issues.
- Assist with the planning, design and implementation of ICT infrastructure for future capacity.
- Look for opportunities to create innovative solutions to improve future systems capability.
- Work with other teams to define solutions to enable a robust and useable infrastructure environment.
- Foster the vendor relationships.
- Provide expertise to team and management on methods to improve support and service.
- Liaise with suppliers to maintain an awareness of new and emerging technology in their areas of expertise.
- Work directly on projects as required
- Support the project by working well within the team.
- Offer specialist advice to further the objectives of the project.
Applicants should have extensive experience in supporting and managing the following technologies,
- Cisco UCS, Nutanix
- Dell Servers
- EMC SAN
- NAS iSCSI
- Microsoft Server - 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019
- Citrix XenApp and Netscaler
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2016, 2019 and Office 365
- SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016
- Active Directory
- Patch Management
- Back up
- Anti-Virus/ Threat Management
- Fortinet firewalls and other security appliances
We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills and strong customer focus and who demonstrates a good team spirit, who will enjoy working in an exciting and challenging environment. A relevant tertiary qualification and/or MCSE qualification would be highly regarded.
If you’d like to know more…
Please contact Adam Barry, Acting Infrastructure Manager on 9076 3859
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.