Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed term until June 2020 - maternity leave backfill
- Part-time role (3 days per week) based in Bentleigh
- RPN Grade 5, SW/OT Chief Grade 2
- Great Staff Benefits
- Make a difference and help create new types of services with young people and their families
Established in 2006, headspace is making a difference in the lives of thousands of young Australians in the area of youth mental health, by:
- Giving young Australians and their families the opportunity to seek help early
- Making it easier for young people and their families to access information
- Creating awareness and educating young people and their families about how to get help
headspace YEPP is one of the world’s most comprehensive Youth Early Psychosis Programs being delivered through one program in each Australian state. Through this new initiative, young people and their families have timely access to comprehensive evidence-based early psychosis services. This program aims to intervene early with young people who have unusual sensory experiences and/or beliefs and their families and supporters. The service builds on strengths and resilience, uses the wisdom of lived experience and fosters hope, potential, and recovery.
The Discovery College is a youth-focused Recovery College and an initiative of Alfred Health in Melbourne. It works within the values and principles of the Recovery College model with adaptations as required to suit the needs of the service. The Discovery College provides courses about mental health for young people their families and friends, mental health clinicians and community members interested in learning more about mental health. All courses are co-produced and co-facilitated in equal partnership between people with lived experience of mental health challenges (experts by experience) and mental health clinicians or experts with specific subject knowledge in the area (experts by profession).
As the Discovery College Team Leader, you will lead the continued development of the Discovery College, to build a Discovery College that is responsive to the needs of the young people, families and staff workforce development, and facilitates cultural change within the organisation. You will also lead the Discovery College team to develop processes and procedures that ensure that the Discovery College provides a high quality of mental health education with courses that are co-produced, co-facilitated and co-received and enable a space for multiple perspectives to be shared and mutual learning to occur.
In addition, you will be involved in the development and review of Discovery College courses as well as course facilitation as an expert by profession; and ensure that services provided are consistent with the guidelines and standards for best practice in the area and contribute to the development of best practice guidelines where these are not yet available.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Approved tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline and eligibility for membership of AHPRA or the appropriate professional body
- Extensive clinical experience in working collaboratively with young people and their families in mental health settings especially in educational, group, vocational or peer programs and/or recovery orientated settings
- Knowledge of the latest developments in Recovery oriented service delivery
- Appropriate work visa
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check or willing to obtain one
- Be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Access to salary packaging and novated leasing
- Discount health insurance and banking
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Great work life balance
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Glenda Pedwell on ph: 8552 0555
Applications close Sunday 28th April 2019 at 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.