- Job no: 66915
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Psychology
- Permanent Part-Time Position (32 hours p/fn)
- Grade 2 or 3 Clinical Psychologist
- Great staff benefits!
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent role
- Part-time - 32 hours per fortnight
- Grade 2 or 3 Clinical Psychology position (PL1 - PL4)
- Located at Caulfield Hospital
- Great staff benefits!
- Caulfield Pain management and Research Centre is an ambulatory service providing specialist assessment and treatment for adults with chronic non-cancer related pain.
- The Centre aims to assist patients to reduce the impact of persistent pain by optimizing pain treatments, improving function and promoting self-management.
- This is achieved by expert assessment, patient education and access to a number of treatment modalities.
- There is a focus on the Cognitive Behavioural education and restoration of function for management of pain with a philosophy of teaching self-management strategies.
- The Centre undertakes research on outcomes of pain treatments, psychological aspects of chronic pain and ageing and novel therapies for pain.
- The Clinical Psychologist will be responsible for the provision of comprehensive psychological assessment, treatment and education of patients with complex pain conditions.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team comprising of doctors, psychologists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, nurses and other team members.
- Leader in contributing to knowledge while managing a clinical caseload.
- Responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of quality and service improvement program and education framework.
- Professional links to the Psychology department are essential.
- An approved degree with a major in psychology and post graduate qualifications (Masters or Doctorate) in Clinical Psychology.
- Registration under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (Victoria) Act 2009.
- Endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (Victoria) Act 2009.
- For the Grade 2 Psychology position, minimum three years clinical experience and for the Grade 3 position, minimum 5 years clinical experience - desirable experience as a Psychologist in Pain management.
- Ability to deliver a high clinical standard of effective individual, family and group intervention strategies.
- Skills and experience in behavioural assessment and in the development and implementation of behavior support plans.
- Experience in and ability to coordinate and facilitate group programs.
- Advanced level of written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team and liaise and consult with a wide range of clients, carers, professionals and community agencies.
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement and professional development.
- Demonstrated skills in the provision of supervision to staff and students and in the provision of educational activities.
- Evidence of previous involvement in the development, implementation and evaluation of Quality Improvement strategies.
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite child care services, payroll deductible expense
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Modern onsite library faculties, exclusive to Alfred Health staff
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Discounted health insurance
For further details, please contact Carol Pham, Manager of Caulfield Pain Management and Research Center on 9076 6666, [email protected]
Applications close at 11 pm Thursday 23rd of November 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.