Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent position
- Full time at 76 hours per fortnight
- RN Grade 3B classification (YU11)
- Alfred Hospital location
- Staff benefits
The Home Therapies Team is part of the Renal Ambulatory Service and delivers acute home peritoneal dialysis and Home haemodialysis service. The service is responsible for providing education, training and support to home therapies patients and their families as well as the larger multi-disciplinary and medical teams. This role has two focus areas: ambulatory care and inpatients. As an ambulatory service, it is expected that you will work collaboratively with the other Home Therapies team members to coordinate the care of 100 outpatients on PD and HHD in the community. In practice this will involve clinical decision making and care coordination to conduct in person assessments, training, education and testing. In the inpatient role, you will support established PD patients while they are inpatients as well as providing a unique acute PD service for acutely unwell patients. The Home Therapies Team is led by a Home therapies CNC and Nurse Manager of Renal Ambulatory Service, with Nephrologist support and is a part of the renal multidisciplinary team.
- Proven capacity to work independently as well as within a team setting
- IT skills particularly around data management and excel
- Critical thinking skills
- Advanced clinical assessment skills
- A sound knowledge base in dialysis and renal nursing.
- Strong capacity to influence and support change and a patient-centred culture of service delivery
- Excellent communication skills
- The enthusiasm and motivation to educate staff
- Clinical expertise to provide day to day service delivery whilst exploring new ways of working across the clinical teams.
- Experience with high-level PD patient management is desirable.
- Post Graduate qualifications Renal Nursing preferred.
- Previous PD unit experience essential
- Holds current Drivers licence
- Unrestricted registration as a Nurse, with AHPRA.
- Salary packaging
- Discounted health insurance
- Car park
- Onsite gym
All enquiries to Marlette Hiles [email protected] or phone (03) 9076 2370
Applications close at 11 pm Sunday, 18th February 2024
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.