- Permanent Full-Time Opportunity
- Based at Caulfield Hospital
- Great Staff Benefits!
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Full Time- Permanent +ADO (80 hours per fortnight)
- Grade 3 Physiotherapist (VB7-VC1)
- Based at Caulfield Hospital
- Great staff benefits!
The Caulfield Community Health Service (CCHS) provides a range of clinical and health promotion services for people of all ages who live, work or study within the local community. These multi-disciplinary services are provided in the centre, community, home or via Telehealth. CCHS operates from the Caulfield Hospital site.
The Senior Clinician Grade 3 is responsible for the ongoing development and provision of physiotherapy services at CCHS as well as the integration of a number of associated workforce innovation initiatives along the Community Health patient’s continuum of care.
The Physiotherapist Senior Clinician position will sit within the Population Health Team and will:
- Provide clincial leadership for physiotherapy, HLP and Population Health team
- Manage a diverse caseload including musculoskeletal, neurological, pain and chronic conditions
- Develop and implement person centred care plans
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team to ensure a holistic approach to client support
- Liaise with relevant agencies to coordinate, facilitate and communicate client treatment and outcomes.
- Be responsible for the education of physiotherapy students and the supervision and professional development of Grade 2, Grade 1 and AHA staff.
- Lead administrative portfolios, quality improvement initiatives and/or research projects
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- Registration with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia and adherence to continuing professional development requirements
- At least seven years of experience, including demonstrated physiotherapy clinical experience relevant to the community health sector
- Experience in staff and student supervision
- Well-developed leadership skills
- Demonstrated skills in the evaluation and implementation of evidence-based practice and modification of service delivery.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the principles of continuous quality improvement.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills to promote teamwork
- Current Victorian drivers’ licence
- Experience with vestibular and hydrotherapy clients
- Post-graduate qualification in relevant field, (or be working towards) would be highly regarded.
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Discounted health insurance
To submit an application for the Grade 3 Physiotherapist Senior Clinician position, please provide the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
If you would like further details, please contact Kieran McGregor or Kerryn Wooley, Team Leaders ph 9076 6666
Applications close: 11pm Monday 19th February 2024
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.