Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Senior Scientist Grade 3
- Permanent 80 hours per fortnight
- Shift roster including weekends, RDO's and ADO's
- Alfred Hospital location
- Great Staff Benefits!
Alfred Pathology Service (APS) provides a comprehensive range of pathology testing, consultation services and collection services to clinicians and patients of Alfred Health. The Service has 5 units (Anatomical Pathology, Clinical Biochemistry, Haematology, Microbiology and Human Molecular Pathology), each headed by a Unit Head. APS has the core laboratory at The Alfred as well as a small local laboratory at Sandringham hospital. We are also in collaboration with Northern Hospital as of early 2019 providing support and some specialty testing.
We are seeking applicants for this permanent position in the Haematology laboratory. You are required to have the ability to demonstrate effective managerial and communication skills
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Applied Science
- High degree of Haematology, Coagulation and Morphology competence knowledge
- At least 5 years’ experience in a diagnostic haematology laboratory
- Previous experience in training and competency assessment
- Higher qualifications in the relevant discipline is highly desirable
- Other postgraduate degree/diploma relevant to position.
- Enthusiasm for relevant research.
- Previous experience in analyser validation
- Morphology training capability
- AMS and Cerner Millennium experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently and leading a team.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Salary Packaging
- Staff car parking (subject to availability)
- Discounted Health insurance
- Child Care
- Onsite Gym
For enquiries regarding the role, please contact Steven Schischka 9076 3266
Applications close at 11 pm Thursday, 15th February
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.