- Permanent Part-Time Opportunity
- Based at Caulfield Hospital
- Great Staff Benefits!
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Grade 1 Podiatrist
- Permanent part time (72 hours per fortnight)
- Salary Range: $64,248 - $78,195
- Location: Caulfield Hospital - Caulfield Community Health Service
- Great Staff Benefits!
The Caulfield Community Health Service (CCHS) is co-located on the Caulfield Hospital site, and provides a range of clinical and health promotion services for people of all ages who live, work or study within the local community. These multi-disciplinary services are provided in the centre, community, home or via Telehealth.
The Podiatry position will sit within the Adult Health team and you will:
- Provide high quality podiatry services for the local community. This may include initial and annual foot assessment, routine skin and nail care, wound management, nail surgery, biomechanical assessment, prescription and/or manufacture of orthotics.
- Provide podiatry interventions at the centre and in the clients home.
- Develop and implement person centred care plans
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team to ensure a holistic approach to client support
- Liaise with relevant agencies to coordinate, facilitate and communicate client treatment and outcomes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of pathways within the health care system in order to help facilitate appropriate care and advocate for clients with complex care needs (e.g. My Aged Care, Commonwealth Home Support Program, Home Care Packages)
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Tertiary qualification in podiatry
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Demonstrated podiatry clinical experience relevant to the community health sector
- Current Victorian drivers licence
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Modern onsite library faculties, exclusive to Alfred Health staff
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Discounted health insurance
If you have any queries regarding this position, please call Kerryn Woolley or Andrew Holland on 9076 6666.
Applications close at 11pm on the 26th February 2024
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.