Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
About the Department
The Cardiology Department assess and treat adult patients with cardiovascular (heart) diseases, including the most advanced forms of coronary, valvular, heart muscle and heart rhythm disorders. Through a wide range of outpatient clinics, investigation suites and a large inpatient service, we care for patients from our local community and across Australia. We have an extensive research and education program, for which we are known internationally.
About the Role
Applications are invited for the position of Head of Cardiac MRI and CT at Alfred Health.
The appointee will;
- Provide excellent clinical expertise and service in Cardiology
- Provide supervision to junior medical and other relevant staff within the Unit/Department
- Support Alfred Health’s quality, monitoring and improvement initiatives
- Support Alfred Health’s teaching, research and clinical governance programs
- Support the strategic priorities and values & beliefs of Alfred Health
Qualifications and Skills Required
Our preferred candidate must possess the following experience and attributes:
- Be legally qualified practitioners, registered or registrable with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Fellow of the relevant college
- Demonstrable relevant knowledge and experience in Cardiology
- Meeting Alfred Health requirements for credentialing and scope of practice in Cardiology
- Outstanding communication skills, including well-developed conflict resolution skills
- Ability to liaise well with other staff at all levels
- Demonstrated flexibility in problem solving and the capability to develop and sustain highly collaborative relationships with others/ other teams
- Expertise in Heart Failure transplant and an interest in advanced imaging and/or pacing
Enquiries: Prof David Kaye on 03 9076 2157 or email: [email protected].
Applications close: Tuesday 27th February 2024
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.