- Job no: 67068
- Category: Nurse, Registered Nurse
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Position
- Full-time - 80 hours per fortnight
- Clinical Nurse Consultant A - ZF4 CAPR 3.1 Clinical Nurse Consultant B - ZJ4 CAPR 3.2
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Great staff benefits!
The Transplant Liaison Nurse in collaboration with Transplant Services Nurse Manager and the Heart and Lung Multidisciplinary team will coordinate patients referred to the Heart and Lung transplant service. He/she will ensure assessments, tests, documentation, patient follow-up, education and waitlist activation are completed in a timely manner to ensure that patient outcomes are optimised. The Transplant Liaison Nurse will also participate in the provision of rostered on-call services for the coordination of donor referrals and transplant coordination for heart and lung recipients. The Transplant Liaison Nurse will demonstrate excellence in clinical practice, well developed clinical skills and knowledge, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a commitment to high quality service delivery including developing and maintaining collaborative relationships within and outside the organization.
- Current Registered Nurse Division 1 registration with the Nurses Board of Victoria
- Relevant post-graduate diploma or certificate is preferable
- Extensive acute clinical nursing experience - Cardiothoracic, Heart and Lung transplantation an advantage
- Capacity to work mid-week and rotational weekends out of hours on call
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
For more detail on the role, please download the relevant position description. For further queries please contact Hillary Stedman on 9076 5826
Applications close: 11pm Friday, 1 December 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 16 Nov 2023, 5:14 AM