Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed Term - 12-months
- Full Time - 1.0 EFT with combined roles (see details in position summary)
- Level 2 Psychologist
- Based at Alfred Hospital
- Great staff benefits!
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be shared between the Neuropsychology fraction for 0.6FTE via Alfred Hospital, and the research fellow appointment for 0.4FTE via Monash University Dept of Neuroscience.
This is a joint clinician neuropsychologist - academic role. The neuropsychology fraction is 0.6FTE via Alfred Hospital, and the research fellow appointment is 0.4FTE via Monash University Dept of Neuroscience. The candidate will be based at Alfred Brain - MS and Neuroimmunology Department and Dept of Neuroscience, Monash University. They will be expected to work as a clinical neuropsychologist in outpatient and inpatient settings. Their research portfolio is integrated with their clinical work and will focus on neuroinflammatory conditions such as autoimmune encephalitis, neurotoxicity of Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T cell therapy and other central neuroinflammatory illnesses. This role is ideal for an individual who aspires to be an academic-clinician.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A PhD in neuroscience / neuropsychology
- Qualification as a neuropsychologist 1-3 years of research experience or postgraduate (PhD) degree
- A tertiary degree, preferably in health sciences, psychology, or biomedical sciences
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite child care services, a payroll deductible expense
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Modern onsite library facilities, exclusive to Alfred Health staff
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Discounted health insurance
For enquiries regarding this position, please contact Anneke Van Der Walt at [email protected]
Applications for this role close at 11 pm Friday, 8th March 2024
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 22 Feb 2024, 4:49 AM