Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed term contract: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
- Full-time : 76 - 80 hours per fortnight (possibility of ADO)
- Medical Scientist Grade 1 (RX1-RX3 dependent on experience)
- Immunology Department, Central Clinical School
- Staff benefits
The Monash Central Clinical School encompasses the Departments of Medicine, Neuroscience/Neurology, Melbourne Sexual Health Clinic, ACBD/Clinical Haematology, Immunology, Infectious Diseases, Gastroenterology, Diabetes, Respiratory Medicine and Psychiatry. It is located at the Alfred Hospital precinct in Melbourne, known as ARA (Alfred Research Alliance). The school is involved in teaching students from both the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences and the Faculty of Science and its teaching and research is conducted at Alfred Health, Cabrini, Peninsula Health and also at Clayton. For more information about us, and the work we do, please visit www.med.monash.edu.au/cecs/
The Research Scientist positions main purpose is to maintain a clinical sample biobank including coordination of sample transport between the clinic and the laboratory, sample processing with the upmost care and rigour, and maintaining the biobank database. It also involves providing additional laboratory support for ongoing scientific projects utilizing both in vitro and in vivo techniques.
Knowledge and Skills
- High-level analytical and technical research skills and a demonstrated capacity to develop and implement effective technical and research processes and systems
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to set priorities, manage time and plan work to meet deadlines
- Excellent and project coordination skills with the ability to support projects through to completion in accordance with agreed standards and timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective member of a team as well as the ability to exercise high levels of independence, judgement and initiative
- Proven ability to adhere to protocols, standards and guidelines, including a thorough understanding of confidentiality, privacy and research ethics principles as required
- Highly-developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and negotiate positive outcomes to complex issues
- Experience with advanced technologies including equipment and software, and demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to and learn new systems
The appointee will have:
- A degree in a relevant field with subsequent relevant experience, or
- Extensive experience and specialist expertise, or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- Great work/life balance
For any queries regarding the role, please contact Ben Marsland at [email protected]
Applications Close: 11pm AEST, Thursday 22nd February 2024
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.