Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Position
- Full-time (80 hours per fortnight including ADO) – part-time applications will be considered
- Grade 2 or 3 Allied Health Assistant Classification (IN29 - IN30)
- Based at Caulfield Hospital
- Great staff benefits!
Alfred Health - Occupational Therapy Services operates across The Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals, with clinical services aligned to Alfred Health's strategic goals and operational performance targets.
The benefits of working within the Occupational Therapy department at Alfred Health include:
- The opportunity to work in a supportive team with diverse clinical expertise and knowledge. Caseload areas include patients with neurological conditions, burns, older-aged rehabilitation, and orthopaedic rehabilitation.
- Access to regularly scheduled professional development opportunities and cross-campus education, supported by a strong clinical supervision framework.
- A commitment to developing your clinical, non-clinical and student education skills with a focus on promoting personal development.
- Providing an opportunity to participate in Research and Quality Improvement initiatives.
- A focus on work-life balance and employee well-being with access to formal employee support programs.
The Position Summary
The Allied Health Assistant (AHA) in this role will work closely with Occupational Therapy staff to provide a flexible and responsive service that meets each client’s identified therapeutic goals. These roles will be based across different clinical areas within the acute inpatient streams at the Alfred Hospital.
The position is primarily responsible for the implementation of individual and group interventions and/or therapy programs, as delegated by the treating Occupational Therapist. Group interventions can include facilitating upper limb retraining or falls education. The successful applicant will also work with patients to increase functional abilities in areas such as personal care, meal preparation sessions, and community access. This role includes executing suitable therapeutic activities and plans to progress client independence within defined goals as set by the Occupational Therapist. This position will be primarily based at Caufield Hospital in the Aged Care and Rehabilitation wards. The successful applicant will be able to work autonomously while displaying strong communication skills to work closely with the Occupational Therapy staff.
The AHA will also be responsible for administrative and clinical support functions, which assist with patient management and contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Occupational Therapy Service.
We are looking for either a Grade 2 or Grade 3 AHA to join our team. The classification will depend on the level of experience of the successful applicant. If you have the skills and experience outlined below, we will welcome your application for these roles.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Completion of Certificate IV (Allied Health Assistance) from a registered training organisation, OR
- Recognised equivalent qualification (as determined by the line manager)
- Higher qualification in a relevant health science discipline at Diploma or Associate Diploma level
- Certificate-level qualification in a relevant health-related field
- Overseas-trained Allied Health practitioner with a qualification at Diploma level or higher
- Allied Health undergraduate student (in a relevant health science discipline) having successfully completed one year of study at minimum.
- Previous employment in an AHA Grade 2 or AHA Grade 3 role (3+ years’ clinical experience required to be considered for the Grade 3 AHA role)
- Salary Packaging
- Discounted Health Insurance and well-being benefits
- Staff Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Close to shops and public transport
If you are interested in this role and would like to have a further discussion, please contact Anna Kennedy, Deputy Occupational Therapy Manager 0408 484 099.
Applications close Sunday, 25th February 2024
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.