- 12-Months with the option to renew, Full-time – 80 hours per f/n no shift work
- Grade 2 Registered Nurse
- Great staff benefits!
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed Term - 12 months with the option to renew
- Full-time – 80 hours per fortnight, (Mon-Fri during business hours) - no shift work
- Classification code – Registered Nurse Division 1, Grade 2
- Alfred location
- Great staff benefits!
Haematology at the Alfred has the largest number of Haematologists of a service in Australia. We also operate the only Myeloma Clinic in Australia, and these two factors attract many referrals and a growing trials department. The Clinical Research Unit (CRU) oversees a large number of trials from Phase 1, first-in-humans to Phase 3 randomised, controlled trials. These trials are testing treatments ranging from newly developed drugs straight from the biotech companies, to established drugs being used in new regimens.
The Trials Treatment Room nurse will work in the dedicated trials space. As part of the CRU team, the nurses are responsible for the delivery of treatment to trial participants, the care of those patients, and the collection of observations and data. You will only be required for day shifts and will work in a well-supported and exciting atmosphere. You will get to acquire new skills such as familiarity with trial protocols and Good Clinical Practice (the ethical framework in which trials are conducted).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Recent relevant clinical nursing experience
- Experience in cannulation and venepuncture
- Validated credentials in chemotherapy administration
- Clinical trials experience
- GCP certificate
- Haematology/Oncology experience
- ADAC certification or willing to work towards
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking
If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Nola Kennedy at email: [email protected]
Applications close: Sunday, 18th Feb 2024
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.