- Job no: 66795
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
- Medical Laboratory Scientists, Grade 2
- Fixed Term - 4 Years, Full Time - 80 hrs per f/n w/ ADO's
- Great staff benefits!
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Medical Laboratory Scientists, Grade 2
- Fixed Term - 4 Years
- Full Time - 80 hrs per f/n w/ ADO's
- Medical Scientist Grade 2, $90,812.00 - $102,757.00 per annum
- Alfred Hospital location
- Great staff benefits!
Alfred Pathology Service (APS) provides a comprehensive range of pathology testing, consultation services and collection services to clinicians and patients of Alfred Health. The Service has 5 units (Anatomical Pathology, Clinical Biochemistry, Haematology, Microbiology and Human Molecular), each headed by a Unit Head. APS also has a small local laboratory at Sandringham hospital. APS has several collection centres and is responsible for specimen collection of about 50% of its samples. A dedicated computing group supports the computing needs of APS. The services of APS include routine and esoteric laboratory testing with complete specialist support for test interpretation. Due to the nature of the associated hospitals’ activities, there is emphasis on the support of trauma and emergency services, the support of organ transplantation - especially heart and lung, the support of HIV and AIDS related diagnostic services and support of bone marrow transplantation services. The various APS units are affiliated with Monash University and most Consultants hold honorary or substantial teaching appointments.
- Be able to perform all pathology tests provided by the Unit without supervision (following a suitable period of training).
- This includes relevant use of telephone, laboratory quality control and computing procedures and acknowledgment of patient care and confidentiality responsibilities. Participate in overall Alfred Pathology Service multi-skilling activities and in staff rotations, on-call, overtime work and out-of-hours rosters as directed.
- Participate in self-education activities, internal and external training courses, research activities, and in clinical and scientific meetings (including speaking) as directed.
- Perform other duties as directed
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent)
- Experience in Biochemistry
- Postgraduate qualifications in Clinical Biochemistry
- Experience with mass spectrometry and other complex laboratory equipment,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Experience with method evaluation
- Familiar with quality assurance procedures
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite child care services, a payroll deductible expense
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Modern onsite library facilities, exclusive to Alfred Health staff
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Discounted health insurance
For further enquiries regarding this role, please contact Marion Black on 9076 3080
Applications close at 11 pm Thursday, 30 November 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Published on 30 Oct 2023, 1:13 AM