- Job no: 66883
- Category: Senior Medical, Full Time Specialist
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
About the Role
Applications are invited for the position of Deputy Director, Cardiology - Advanced Heart Failure at Alfred Health to work Full Time.
- Leading the day to day clinical operations of the Cardiology Advanced Heart Failure service
- Providing strategic input and vision into the continued growth and development of the service
- Ensuring the clinical expertise of clinicians working within the unit, for safe effective patient care.
- Providing supervision to junior and senior medical and other relevant staff within the Unit/ Department.
- Supporting the Director in the development of key strategic priorities and values for the Cardiology Department.
- Participating and where appropriate supervising elements of Alfred Health’s quality, monitoring and improvement initiatives.
Qualifications and Skills Required
Our preferred candidate must possess the following experience and attributes:
- Appointees must be legally qualified medical practitioners, registered or registrable with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) without conditions, undertakings or reprimands that could impact on their clinical practice.
- Fellow of the relevant college.
- Demonstrable relevant knowledge as experience in Clinical Cardiology and relevant cardiac procedures.
- Meet Alfred Health requirements for appropriate credentialing and scope of practice in Cardiology and Cardiac Catheterization, the latter specifically in relation to the management of advanced heart failure and heart transplantation.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and research.
- Demonstrated leadership in the delivery of clinical services.
- Outstanding communication skills, including well-developed conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to liaise well with other staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated flexibility in problem solving and the capability to develop and sustain highly collaborative relationships with others/ other teams.
Enquiries: Prof David Kaye, Director of Cardiology via email to [email protected]
Applications close: Sunday, 3rd December 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 20 Nov 2023, 2:37 AM