- Full Time (80 hours per fortnight) Fixed term (until July 2024)
- Grade 1 Scientist, RX1-RX7
- Great staff benefits!
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Full Time (80 hours per fortnight)
- Fixed term (until July 2024)
- Grade 1 Scientist, RX1-RX7
- Alfred Hospital, Microbiology Department
- Great Staff Benefits!
Alfred Pathology Service (APS) provides a comprehensive range of pathology testing, consultation services and collection services to clinicians and patients of Alfred Health. The Microbiology unit provides diagnostic services for a range of infectious diseases. Due to the nature of the associated hospitals’ activities, there is emphasis on the support of trauma and emergency services, the support of organ transplantation - especially heart and lung, the support of HIV related diagnostic services and support of bone marrow transplantation services.
You will be joining Alfred Health at an exciting time as we work in partnership with Monash Health to be the premier shared public pathology service in Victoria. As a member of the pathology team you will be helping shape the direction of the partnership.
Alfred Health’s Microbiology Department has a temporary full-time position for a qualified Medical Laboratory Scientist. Based at The Alfred hospital, your role will be to perform microbiology testing according to documented laboratory protocols within acceptable time frames. You would be required to participate in day, evening shift, overnight and public holiday rosters.
To be successful for this role you will need to have experience performing diagnostic Microbiology tests, including specimen set-up, culture reading and interpretation, have excellent attention to detail, good communication skills and ability to function well in a team environment.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- BSc or BAppSc with a major in Microbiology - note: evidence of assessment by the Australian Institute of Medical and Clinical Scientists is required for overseas qualifications.
- Experience in the performance of diagnostic Microbiology testing, including specimen set-up culture reading and interpretation.
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to function well in a team environment
- Ability to organise own work to ensure time frames are met
- Professional Development opportunities
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
For enquiries regarding the role, please contact Amanda Dennison- Principal Scientist, Microbiology on 9076 3388.
Application close at 11pm Tuesday, 27th Feb 2024
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.