Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- 2 x Part-time (0.6EFT) positions to end January 2026
- Based in Frankston
- Community Development Worker Class 3
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
What's in it for you
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Regular professional supervision
- Be involved in an innovative youth mental health program that is making a real difference in the community!
headspace Early Psychosis is one of the world’s most innovative and comprehensive youth early psychosis programs being delivered through one program in each Australian state. Through this initiative, young people and their families have timely access to comprehensive evidence-based early psychosis services. This program aims to intervene early with young people who have unusual sensory experiences and/or beliefs and their families and supporters. The service builds on strengths and resilience, uses the wisdom of lived experience and fosters hope, potential, and recovery.
What you’ll be doing
In this role, you will be responsible for facilitating and conducting research and evaluation activities as part of the VISOR research project, under the direction of research team members. VISOR will evaluate the use of virtual reality in early psychosis care.
- Honours degree in psychology, sociology or other social science discipline.
- Experience in a previous research role would be highly regarded
- Australian working rights and full Covid-19 vaccination
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- A supportive and fun team working environment
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Great work life balance & located close to public transport and cafes
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Liza Hopkins via email: [email protected]
Closing date: Thursday, 15th February 2024 by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.