Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Part time and Full time roles available
- Located at The Alfred Hospital
- Classification : NP11-NP70 ($61,796.80 - $87,282 full-time per annum based on experience)
- Great staff benefits including generous salary packaging, on-site gym and discounted staff car parking
Alfred Psychiatry is a recognised industry leader in acute and community psychiatric care, with a State-wide Psychiatric ICU.
We are seeking enthusiastic psychiatric registered nurses who are looking for the opportunity to work across a combination of community and acute psychiatric units. Flexibility and availability for shifts across wards will be highly valued.
Nurses will be employed within the Nurse Pool of The Alfred hospital’s Nurse Bank, and will work either in the Acute In-Patient Psychiatric Unit (based at The Alfred hospital) and the Residential Rehabilitation (Community Care Unit located in St Kilda) or may from time to time provide psychiatric nurse specialling to patients admitted to the medical /surgical wards of Alfred Health.
This is a direct patient care role involving risk assessment, mental state assessment, and care planning, as well as consultation, liaison and negotiation with patients, carers, family members, and other professionals.
- Current unrestricted registration with AHPRA as a Nurse Division 1 or 3
- Postgraduate qualifications in nursing
- Demonstrated skills in risk assessment, mental state assessment, care planning and knowledge of acute and rehabilitation psychiatry nursing care and practice
- Proven, demonstrated post qualifying experience in acute in-patient and residential rehabilitation settings
- A current driver’s license is essential.
- Current and satisfactory Police Check
- Current and satisfactory Working With Children Check
Alfred Health offers a well supported environment and a collaborative multi-disciplinary team approach focused on producing good outcomes. Whilst other benefits include a competitive salary including salary packaging, eligibility for discount onsite parking, onsite gym.
If you are interested in the opportunity to join one of Australia's leading health care providers, view a copy of the attached position description and then apply online.
For further information, please contact the Nurse Bank team on ph. (03) 9076 2500 (option 3)
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.