- Job no: 66403
- Category: Nurse, Management
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed Term Appointment - Until End June 2024
- Part Time - 64 Hours
- Classification: EDUCATOR (NON-MAJOR) YEAR 3 AND SUBSEQ (YZ7)
- Great Staff Benefits
- Located at The Alfred
The Surgical Services Program at Alfred Health is at the forefront of delivering comprehensive surgical care across all Alfred Health sites. Comprising 16 surgical units, anaesthesia, perioperative medicine, operating suite service, surgical inpatient wards, a medical day unit, day of surgery admissions, day surgery, and endoscopy service, the program plays a pivotal role in ensuring the seamless provision of surgical services. Additionally, it oversees the elective surgery waiting list and medical elective waiting list, prioritising patient care and streamlining the surgical process.
At the heart of our commitment to excellence is the NetworkZ at Alfred Health Program, an innovative simulation-based team training intervention initiative. Distinguished by its multidisciplinary training sessions featuring realistic surgical cases, this program provides comprehensive training for entire operating room (OR) teams within the actual OR environment.
The overarching objective is to elevate patient outcomes during surgical procedures by enhancing the safety and efficiency of care. The program's specific goals encompass learning strategies to improve communication among OR staff, fostering an environment conducive to shared problem-solving and decision-making, enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of teamwork and task coordination in OR teams, identifying and addressing systemic issues in work processes, and refining skills in responding to emergency surgical events. Through these targeted initiatives, we aim to set new benchmarks in surgical care and continually improve the quality of our services.
Embark on a dynamic role as the OR Simulation Program Coordinator – NetworkZ at Alfred Health, where you'll take charge of the comprehensive administrative functions essential for the successful delivery of the high-quality NetworkZ program.
As the linchpin of this pivotal role, you will not only coordinate the planning of simulation sessions but also ensure the seamless availability of resources and necessary documentation prior to each session. Beyond these responsibilities, the OR Simulation Program Coordinator plays a crucial role in post-course activities. This includes maintaining attendance records, crafting participation certificates, collating and disseminating evaluation records, and distributing the post-course report to pertinent stakeholders.
Join us in this influential position where your will contribute significantly to the continued success and impact of the NetworkZ program at Alfred Health. Your dedication will play a key role in maintaining the program's excellence and ensuring its positive influence on the broader healthcare community.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate Program Calendar: Collaborate with NetworkZ Clinical Lead, Deputy Director (Education & Training), and Surgical Services to plan and organise the NetworkZ sessions for the year.
- Effective Communication: Engage with Faculty and participants, providing clear information on session details. Prepare and distribute necessary documentation, manage attendance records, evaluation forms, and confidentiality agreements.
- Database Management: Maintain the Teams database, ensuring organised storage of course documentation, technical guides, scenarios, and simulation delivery documents.
- Meeting Facilitation: Set up and participate in regular meetings with relevant stakeholders. Prepare agendas, write minutes, and meet deadlines for meeting requirements.
- Timeline Management: Set and achieve realistic timelines to ensure the program meets its targets and milestones.
- Multimedia Communication: Develop and implement multimedia communication strategies to reach all staff and external stakeholders effectively.
- Leadership Demonstration: Exhibit leadership qualities such as vision, openness, flexibility, and integrity, contributing to the program's success and growth.
- Tertiary qualification in a related discipline
- Previous experience in a Program Coordinator /management/leadership position desired but not essential
- Salary Packing
- Discount Health Insurance
- Staff Parking
- Close Proximity to Public Transport
For more detail on the role, please download the relevant position description. For further queries please Contact: Sarah Larwill at [email protected]
Application Close: 11pm AEST, Tuesday 5th December 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 21 Nov 2023, 1:26 AM