- Job no: 66218
- Category: Nurse, Registered Nurse
- Unique opportunity to work in a combined Cardiology and Cardiothoracic unit
- Hours negotiable, part-time and full-time EFT available
- Overseas sponsorships are available for suitable applicants!
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
An exciting opportunity exists to join our nursing team within the Cardiac & Cardiothoracic Department at The Alfred Hospital. Apply now!
Those interested in undertaking a Master of Nursing - Cardiac Care in 2024 are strongly encouraged to apply!
Hours negotiable, part-time and full-time EFT available
Registered Nurse Grade 2, $67,527.20 - $95,378.40 per annum pro rata + 11% superannuation
Unique opportunity to work in a combined Cardiology and Cardiothoracic unit
Overseas sponsorships are available for suitable applicants
Great staff benefits!
Excellent local education opportunities and support
3 West is a 46 bed Cardiovascular and Thoracic ward located at The Alfred Hospital. Our dynamic unit specialises in the management of patients requiring Cardiology, Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery. We also provide continuous cardiac monitoring services for patients under the care of other medical and surgical specialty units.
As a clinical nurse your practice will lead to excellence in patient care. You understand the importance of establishing a relationship between the patient and yourself in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for your patients. You demonstrate the core nursing values of patient centred care, trust and respect in every interaction with patients, carers and colleagues. You work with a multidisciplinary team, within a dynamic and fast-paced ward environment. As nurse you are accountable for establishing and evaluating the patient’s plan of care in partnership with the patient, their carers and other members of the health care team. You are supported in your role as a clinical nurse by all other nursing positions.
Qualifications / Experiences
· Registered as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia via AHPRA.
· More than 4+ years of Registered Nurse experience is desirable, but all Registered Nurses are invited to apply
· Prior cardiac experience is highly desirable
· Department support for nurses wanting to further their studies with Master of Nursing - Cardiac Care in 2024 intake.
· Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
· Health and wellbeing incentives such as discounted health insurance
· Onsite gym and childcare facilities
· Modern onsite library facilities, exclusive to Alfred Health staff
Please direct all enquiries to Gemma Tate (Nurse Manager 3 West) on (03) 9076 5453 or at [email protected]. Applications close Sunday 1st of October.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 12 Sep 2023, 1:59 AM